Friday, July 18, 2008

Happiness Is In Your Genes?


(Read the complete article ... )

By Kaori Kato (544)

Summary:
This article says our happiness is influenced up to fifty percent by genes, and the other percentage is linked to lifestyle, career, and relationships according to the Edinburgh study which compared the results from two groups, identical and fraternal twins, to calculate how strongly influenced a particular trait is by genetics. However, we can still train ourselves to be more content. Also, we each have our own range of level of happiness.

My Opinion:
This result was fresh and interesting for me because I have never thought that genes influence my happiness. As this article says we have own range of level of happiness, so if two people are in the same situation, one person will think I’m not happy, but another person won’t think so. I think this is the genetic difference, and this is also difference of ability whether we can positively think about something or not. In other words, happiness depends on our personalities. I believe I have happy genes because I feel happiness easily.

7 comments:

Julie said...

This article is new and interesting for me, I have never thought that our happiness is influenced by genes. And I'm still not sure that our happiness is influenced by genes. But I can guess it could be. I agree with you, I think every people have their own range of level of happiness. And I also think that I have happy genes because I feel happiness easily usually.

Yoko said...

It is interestin because I have never hard that genes influence our happiness. Also it's 50 percent of our happiness.
Reading this article, I can guess that our own range of level of happiness relay on genes at least a little.

I hope I got happy genes.

Unknown said...

This article is very interesting.
I think the happiness is related only our life style, but by reading this paragraph I could get new information. The genes can cause our happiness, but our thinking about our life is most important to our happiness. It is just my opinion.

Bruce

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

"happiness is influenced by genes"
i can't believe it. according to this article,someone who has unhappiness genes can't be happy. can you believe it?
i hope that i have happiness genes. Even though, i don't have this happiness genes, i'm gonna be happy by myself~!!.

Mitsue said...

I've already know this fact that our happiness is influenced by genes. Also, I've read a book witten about that our way of thinking is infected by our parents. I think these two fact is really true, because my mom always think something in positive way, and me too! We can say that this is also related to genes. There is no good thing if you always in negative way.

Sunyoung Park said...

This article is very surprise for me.I also have never thought genes influence my happiness. Of course,
it is not same for every people to feel happy even if they are in same situation. I though it is just difference of people's point of view. I'm known the fact of it from this article, and it is very interesting!!